Saturday, January 29, 2011

No Escape=Pushing Too Hard

I'm listening to LastFM, and I'm running through the Stooges station which tends to be my default setting when I use it. As much as I'd like to put in say, the Stones, or Blue Cheer, there's just too much total crap associated and it comes up with a whole lot of songs I have to skip. That defeats the entire purpose, since the whole reason I'm listening to a radio station is I'm either involved in something (right now I'm working on a painting) or I'm utterly lazy. Point being I don't want to have to a damn thing. So far I've gotten super lucky-obviously lots of Stooges and Iggy Pop have played, Hendrix, Captain Beefheart, Patti Smith, the Dictators, Radio Birdman, Richard Hell, and the 13th Floor Elevators. Hence the title. I realized and started chuckling when we figured that all they really did was change the lyrics to Pushin' Too Hard to No Escape. Other than that, it's totally the same song. Ouch. Oh, Roky. Shame on you. And shame on me (nice segue, huh?) for having about a billion pictures to post from various trips to California and lagging unbelievably on it. So expect some textless posts in the next bit. Back to my painting. Later dudes.
this is the beautiful, amazing, intelligent, talented and GREATLY DEEPLY MISSED Suzy. We love you. R.I.P. baby.






(me in a junya watanabe t-shirt I got from Change Of Season in NY which is totally one of my new favorite stores, me in front of Open Eye cafe illustrating just what coffee and smoking does to your teeth, some of my absurd collection of metal and black leather jewelry, me cooking something random that was probably pretty good, a beautiful shot of Brooklyn at dusk, and a shot of one of the totally amazingly cool little random scenes in my bestest bestest friends in New Orleans' place, Andy & Terri Average)

1 comment:

Liz C. said...

When are we going out for your very belated birthday? Hopefully this time I won't have strep. Hope you can dodge sickness, too.