Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mood Board..Bored?

For those of you who don't already know this, I'm pretty dually obsessed with interior design and fashion, and find that the two are almost interchangeable. I've also found that my favorite designers tend to dress their homes in ways that reflect this idea, and also their own aesthetic voices, if you will (and if you won't, well, ththhhppptt!). Plus, I'm ABSURDLY bad about my information intake, be it visual, aural, or pretty much any other senses you can absorb things with. Seriously. It's gross. I can virtually wander looking at blogs, or magazines, or eBay listings for a dozen hours at a time, with 3-4 magazines and a book or two next to me, while listening to music and playing with my dogs or while listing items in the shop. I was re-reading a William Gibson book last night (Idoru, which actually took me the second reading to really like) and Rod leaned over and refused to believe that in the space of a couple of hours I was more than halfway through the book. It's kind of a bummer, actually, because it means that I can only get a small amount of time occupation out of one book. It's the worst when I travel, because inevitably I'll end up with 3 or 4 books that I have to lug if I'm flying home to California since I generally finish at least one on a direct flight, along with a few magazines. I'm not kidding. And don't get me started in on the magazines again...they're a really, really, really ridiculous addiction for me. Especially imported fashion and interior design magazines, with some of my faves being Russh, British Vogue, British Elle, The Gentlewoman (which is a new magazine and seriously my new favorite...it's actually a woman's magazine that concentrates on careerists, art, music, and fashion without being remotely driven by anything shallow, managing to be both utterly hilarious and in depth interesting at the same time!) Elle Decor...oh, boy. I am BAD. Really. They're all over my house. We moved a bed and there were stacks of mags Rod didn't know about under there, hahaha! I've been totally cracking out on Design*Sponge lately (as per usual), The Glamourai's apartment shots, and the March issue of Elle Decor. SO good. Especially the Moroccan 3 story, custom built (!), luxury house in ED.  Naturally, this led to a 4 hour eBay adventure looking at antique Bulgarian textiles, Bedouin jewelry, and Moroccan leather ottomans. Makes sense, right? Erm...
Here are some of the gorgeously inspiring interiors I've felt the need to save, and now share, with you. Enjoy!




















3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all of these, especially the ones with the beat up, reclaimed wood.

Mae said...

Hey homegirl! Thanks so much for commenting, for some reason I can't figure out how to get blogger to follow your blog for me. When I first read your blog I was at school so I couldn't bookmark it, and was mad that I "lost" or "forgot" your url. Long story short, I'm stoked you left a comment because you're blog excites me so much! And I enjoy your rants and ramblings. Thanks for buying a print way back when, unfortunately school and work eats up all my creative time, but I hope to resurrect the etsy shop in the summer.
anyways, longest comment ever, I'm definitely gonna frequent your blog a lot now, I love your beautiful creative mind !
-Karla

Kitschmoog said...

Hello ! I love the style of your blog, fashion, design and music are awesome ! xoxo