Monday, August 9, 2010

Schizophrenia Is Closer Than You Think...

Sorry is the first thing I have to say, really. My lack of posts of late is really insulting to my readers, I know. I'm a blog fiend myself and I know I'm always disappointed when I check, then recheck, then check AGAIN and there's still nothing new to be found from my favorites. However, being a writer and a blogger myself I often wonder if there's something rotten in Denmark, as it were. In my case, the stench of sulfur should almost be eerily wafting from your monitor, hahaha. There has been SO much madness in my little corner of definable reality that if I listed it all no one would believe I wasn't full of shit. However my little miniature Dachsund is happily on the mend and back to his ornery dictator self, albeit four thousand dollars later. And no, I definitely do not have a whole lot of cash lying around in piles so it's put a bit (understatement of the year) of a strain on ye olde pocketbook. I just got back from another trip to New York, which seems as though it is going to be a pretty regular habit if not (I really have no idea yet I'm not trying to be cryptic) something even more permanent, so I have a ton of pictures pending. Yay! I checked out the Brooklyn Buffalo Exchange which of course was fun, had some cocktails at Manitoba's bar (that's THE Handsome Dick Manitoba from the Dictators, for those of you who don't know), went to the infamous Fabulous Fanny's eyeglasses shop in the East Village, popped into an INCREDIBLE little shop run by the sweetest guy ever called Change Of Season and nabbed a Softcore silk yellow skirt for NINETY bucks (it was a thousand dollar skirt, mind you) and an amazing Junya Watanabe for Commes De Garcons t shirt that I wanted when it came out for seriously like fifty dollars, went to Duane Reade more times than I care to admit, went to two different Century 21's (soon there will be a whole post devoted to those finds), ate pretzels on the way to the Union Square subway station, saw the Avengers, saw the Lustkillers (soon a whole post devoted to them as well), and did a whole bunch of just awesome hanging out with my girlfriend Robyn who's actually from Queens (we drove up together) and my old man at the Ace Hotel again. I'll post some photos and shut up now. Word.

No comments: